[Dixielandjazz] UK Pat Ladd is in New Zealand

Colin Toomer chtoomer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 12:23:02 PST 2010

Hi everyone, especially Pat Ladd's friends.

Pat rang me, Colin Toomer, drummer, Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand,
Sunday 31st Jan.

So I and my lady friend met Pat & Wendy, at a nearby beach resort, later
in the evening.

We all talked flat-out for 2 hrs solid.  They were both weary so called
it an early night.

Nice to meet Pat Ladd after numerous emails over the past months.

Great that he had been a drummer, so it was all drum talked, while the
two chatted about girl things.
Today, Monday 1st February, they are heading further North of my
hometown, to a beach resort, called Russell, in the Bay of Islands, for
2 wks.

Our Jazz Picnic in on this Sunday 7th February, and they hope to come to
it and hear some local jazz from our big band and a jam session to follow.

Those of you that know Pat Ladd very well and would like a photo of us
together, please email & I'll send as an attachment, as I know I can't
do it on this List site.

Gradually getting to meet some of you, so come to New Zealand,
especially to my area of New Zealand to meet me. Still interested even
if you aren't a drummer.

No doubt Pat will be telling you more of his trip down to NZ, his stay
here and his stopovers on the way back to the UK, in March.

Regards to everyone on this so great a List.

Colin Toomer,
Whangarei,
Northland,
New Zealand.