[Dixielandjazz] Adrian Rollini Trio

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Thu Jan 28 16:42:36 PST 2010

Gary;

According to Michael Brooks' liner notes to the Biograph LP "Miss Annabelle
Lee" featuring the California Ramblers, Ed Kirkeby was asked to rebuild the
Ramblers by Ray Kitchenman who had originally created the band in Ohio.
Kirkeby signed a few professionals and filled up the band's ranks with a
group of guys playing at a New York City bar (Healey's). Rollini playing
vibes with the group and wanted join the band Kirkeby was building. Kirkeby
said that he needed a bass sax player not a vibes player. In 3 weeks,
Rollini had mastered the instrument.

The band opened the Summer season 1921 at Pelham Bay Park in Westchester
County, NY - one of the richest resort areas at that time.

As they say, the rest is history.

Stan
Stan Brager