[Dixielandjazz] Jazz vs. Classical - was Sigurd Rascher

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Thu Jan 21 12:41:46 PST 2010

On the other hand, my high school from which I graduated in 1952, had a
dixieland band within the regular HS band.  The band director's name was
Tony Gill and the jazz band was called "The Juvie Hall Five plus Gill"
This was in Southern California where the Firehouse Five Plus Two were
very popular.

Don Robertson