[Dixielandjazz] Advice about Mics

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Jan 21 11:03:38 PST 2010

You might try to feed the camcorder with a small mixer with two mikes 90
degrees from each other, like the letter "V".  I don't think this will solve
the automatic volume control feature that you probably have in the
camcorder.  Things like tambourines, banjos and cymbals tend to shut down
the AVC if the recording device has one.  This is even if you are recording
at a fairly low level.  I would rather have the momentary distortion than
the volume problems caused by the AVC.
Larry
StL