[Dixielandjazz] Carl Barriteau

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 05:45:22 PST 2010

Thanks, Steve.
Strange that I have never before heard of him.  I have a collection of
pre-war British swing, and have alway admired Kenny Baker.

At the 1984 Edinburgh festival, he played with a rather lethargic
European big band.  But his solos seemd to electrify the band and put
a new life into it.

At an international jam session at the same festival, after a
particularly exhilarating Kenny Baker solo, Warren Vache bowed to him
in appreciation; OK, it was a joke, but a telling one.

Cheers