[Dixielandjazz] Nat Gonella

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 05:25:03 PST 2010

Hello,
On the beat was what swing musicians did in the thirties.  Not in
1932, when Bing's version of "Some of These Days" was recorded.
Chisholm - sure.  But not only.  There were some pretty good reed
players, and trombonists as well.  And I'm not quite sure when Kenny
Baker's career started, but he, too, came from the dance band era, and
was wonderful.

As to recordings - I have some rarher dire Chisholm recordings,
alongside some really wonderful ones.

By the '60's Nat Gonella was past his prime.

Cheers