[Dixielandjazz] Nat Gonella

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 02:14:02 PST 2010

Gonella was not the only musician influenced by Armstrong.  Another
one was Edy(sp?) Rosner, first in Germany, then in Poland, then in the
USSR.  And while the influence is clearly discernible, Rosner was a
swing player.

I know some (not all) of the early Gonella recordings.  Yet, his big
band was a swing band, and could match any American band, with the
possible exception of Basie, Ellington and Tommy Dorsey (when not
playing the lachrymose ballads).
Cheers