[Dixielandjazz] Evan Christopher in Tel-Aviv, Isradixie

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:36:49 PST 2010

If by OKOM you mean "strictly from Dixie" - well, you might be right.
But it was mostlu OKOM.  The band played Indiana, Buddy Bolden's
Blues, High Society, etc.
Sure, there was the "Latin tinge" as recommended by Jelly Roll; the
tune played was Morton's Mama Nita, which certainly qualifies as OKOM.

The there were two Creole songs by Evans himself - one with a long
Patois title which translates to something lie "Listen to the One That
Makes the Thunder Roar" (his translation, not mine), and a "gospel
waltz" the title of which I cannot recall (something ... for All
Souls).

The problem was the supporting cast that did not know such warhorses
like Indiana.

Cheers