[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Entrepreneurs

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 10:13:31 PST 2010

Hi Pat,
Yes, I don't really need to amplify on Jim's description.  I will add  that
in sprawling city suburbs they are one of the most common enterprises you
see.  They serve various sandwiches and greasy foods.  The TV's are  all
turned up very loud and often big screen.  Real conversation is  impossible.
If you can figure out when there are no sports of  interest to U.S. fans
going on, the prices will be reasonable, the hamburgers  good.
Ginny

In a message dated 1/10/2010 11:48:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jim at kashprod.com writes:

>Hi there, Whats a `sports bar`?
Pat

>From  what I've seen, Pat, they seem to be bars with gobs of tv screens  &
screaming fans watching whatever sport season is in at the  moment.  Lots of
beer, many times those fancy special brewed ones, and  lots of sporty
looking
guys & gals.  You see them at the U.S.  airports...very dark with lots  of
screens.

Jim