[Dixielandjazz] Lena Seikaly -- a fabulous singer

JandJKline at aol.com JandJKline at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 04:41:43 PST 2010

Hi Bob,

Janet and I heard and met Lena Seikaly last night at the nearby Extra
Virgin restaurant in Shirlington, Va. When I mentioned your name, she  smiled
broadly and instantly recalled the Sacramento gig.

Although the restaurant was packed and noisy, it was a fun evening. She had
 a lot of fans there. Fortunately, we were able to grab two seats at the
bar, right in front of the bandstand. Like you, we were knocked out  by
Lena's performance, but we were equally floored by her charm  and warmth.

Her influences are obvious. There was a lot of Ella in her  performance,
along with echoes of Sarah and Billie. Mostly, however,  she's an original --
a world-class contender in a highly competitive  business.

Thanks very much for letting us know about this marvelous singer. We're
looking forward to hearing her again.

Jerry

In a message dated 12/25/2009 4:15:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,