[Dixielandjazz] N.O. Jazz Funeral for 2009

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 7 18:06:01 PST 2010

Check out this video of a N.O. Jazz Funeral for the year 2009 at a
Unitarian Church in New Orleans. The pastor is Rev Melanie Morel-
Ensminger.

Melanie, a New Orleans resident, was pastor of the Unitarian
Universalist Church in Cherry Hill New Jersey about 8 years ago,
started that funeral service there and booked Barbone Street for the
next three years running, to play it. Then she returned to New Orleans.

We then played this same funeral service at the Germantown Unitarian
Church in Philadelphia for the next 5 years , including last week and
have booked  2011's funeral for 2010, to be held Jan 2, 2011.

We do it in casual dress, same as the congregation wears. IMO, every
Unitarian Church in the country should be approached by local
Dixieland Bands about this service.

If anyone wants an outline of the service, write me and I'll provide
it. Or, if other Unitarian churches want to do services like this,
they can write directly to Melanie in New Orleans. She has the master
outline for it and is happy to share.

http://www.wdsu.com/video/22121759/index.html

Cheers,
Steve Barbone