[Dixielandjazz] Who Wouldn't be Jealous of You?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 5 13:30:35 PST 2010

On 06/01/2010, at 3:15 AM, John Jamieson wrote:
> Bill thank you very much for all your help. Building on what you gave me, I went back to the Virginia Lee recording. I listened to those first two lines a few more times and I am going to say this is it.
>
> Verse 2:
> Go tell your Ma that the boy she saw you kiss in the hall
> has bought your wedding band.
> Go tell you Pa that a son-in-law is going to call
> so he will understand.
> *_Gotta_* take you right to the church and change your name.
> And beat the other fellows at the game.

Dear John,
I knew that what I 'heard' didn't make narrative sense, as the lyrics to a verse should.
But submitted them, tentatively, for comment anyway.
Your keener (younger?) ears have managed to resolve it.
Re-listening just now certainly confirms your changes. And completes the 'story'.
I have added one minor change to the 2nd-last line.
Time-cosumming, but fun.
Very kind regards,
Bill.