[Dixielandjazz] All those years....

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Jan 5 09:06:52 PST 2010

Hmmmm!  All this talk about how long one has been playing, or
not.............

I have been playing trombone since age 9, and Jazz steadily for 54 yrs.
That means practicing at home every single day that I don't play
elsewhere....still, even now, at age 68!  The Jazz was mixed in originally
with marching & concert band (city youth band, school bands, and later the
Air Force Bands), then with some 25 years as a studio session musician, and
now just my Jazz band (& the dreaded practicing!).

I would consider any statement about a life-time of playing Jazz just
that....with no breaks in between.  Anything else stated is misleading,
which some may say is good advertising, but is still misleading.

Jim