[Dixielandjazz] 15 year old Nikki Yanofsky

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 5 07:33:01 PST 2010

15 year old singer,Nikki Yanofsky.>>

What a precocious  kid! Too clever by half. Didn`t like the perfomance at
all. Impressed, certainly, but much too studied.  In fact I couldn`t even
watch the clip to the end. A remarkable  technique, every move comes over as
rehearsed to the nth degree with not an iota of  spontaniety. I would bet
that watching  another performance would be like watching a recording with
every move and inflection exactly the same every time she performs.

Of course the show is rehearsed but the secret is that it should not seem to
be.  Watch Ella. Not a move she makes looks as though she has done it
before.
If  this girl is still about in 15 years she could be great.

Curmudgeonly,

Pat