[Dixielandjazz] Answer to Bob

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 4 20:15:54 PST 2010

Bob Ringwald asked about my saying 50 years of playing jazz on my
website, as opposed to 33 years as a professional jazz musician.

Bob, I spent some time playing jazz before I played gigs for money.
Roughly from age 5 on, when I was  playing the piano. Like many of the
kids in those days, I played what my parents called jazz on the piano
from the beginning (having good ears)

I take a little poetic license on the website to let prospective
clients know that Barbone Street is an experienced band, not the usual
garage stuff they are used to hiring. Works for us. We get plenty of
repeat gigs and no complaints, because we deliver what clients expect
and then some.

Sorry you are confused.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone