[Dixielandjazz] Happy New Year

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 10:43:24 PST 2010

Thanks, Bert!  What I see in the great clip you sent is  primarily young
musicians entertaining a young audience.  I will assume  there were some
mentors somewhere.  What a dream I have; i.e., old timers  such as follow this
list along with me will make it their personal  responsibility to figure out
how they can personally turn one young person onto  OKUM.  Because I think
we're mostly clueless as to how to create that  phenomenon.

Yes, yes, I know some of you are succeeding at just that.  So if  you're in
the choir, I'm not preaching to you.  But if you're doing  nothing, I hope
I pricked not your conscience, but your motivation.  It is  an only slightly
used year at this point, plenty of time to get underway.

Ginny

In a message dated 1/2/2010 11:20:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,