[Dixielandjazz] "Camp Meeting Blues" (was Stolen changes oops!)

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 24 20:41:10 PST 2010

Jack Mitchell wrote:
> Many years ago the magazine RECORD RESEARCH had an article entitled I'VE
> HEARD THAT SONG BEFORE. It listed dozens of songs that were taken and
> retitled by other composers.

Dear Jack,
Do you have the date(s) for that/those Record Research article(s)? I seem to
recall that it ran over several issues.
I have bound copies of nearly all the Record Research magazines here (as I
think you know).

Dear Bill,

Sorry I can't date those articles. I wrote that from memory - my Record
Researches are in an unidentified box somewhere in the garage, and I doubt
if they are now in chronological order. I haven't seen them for some five
years since we moved into our current abode. I doubt that I can find them
before leaving for Canberra on Monday. I've never seen an index to RR.

Best wishes

Jack