[Dixielandjazz] NIGHT TRAIN

Phil Wilking philwilking at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 24 15:52:47 PST 2010

Taking popular melodies from classical music, and putting folk melodies in
classical music, has a long history. I distinctly remember channel surfing
on a Sunday many years ago and chancing upon an interview show with some
"big-time" songwriters. One of them was E. Y. Harburg. He told from exactly
which classical piece he had lifted several melodies for which he got full
writing credit (and royalties).

Phil Wilking

Those who would exchange freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security.