[Dixielandjazz] John Pizzarelli reviewed

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:02:05 PST 2010

Bob:

I'll have to send you a copy of a tape I have of John being interviewed on
Jim Lowe's syndicated radio show where he tells of his first meeting with
Sinatra, who his trio fronted for during Frank's later years.

It is truly hilarious.

I know that he is a big fan of Nat "King" Cole and I believe that his trio,
with his brother Martin and an excellent pianist named Ray Kennedy is
patterned after the King Cole trio.

On a coupla his recordings, you might almost think that while he was
recording, he was listening to the Cole trio's version through a headset.

I've got his Beatles album, another with George Shearing (possibly at
Birdland); will have to look out for the others mentioned here.

Thanx
HC