[Dixielandjazz] Kenny Baker - didn't get "Well, Get it" woodchoppers ball OK

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 13:50:02 PST 2010

Hello,
Jazz Score!  Does that bring back memories!  I used to play truant to
work for half an hour weekly to listen to it, risking being fired.

But, despite its name, Jazz Score, athough a "quiz" programme, was not
really about identifying tunes and/or musicians; it was really a
humour programme.  I often came back to the office with belly aches, I
laughed so hard!   The Brits made it into a stand-up; only American
musicians sometimes participating in the programme gave staight face
answers.  The only exception to the rule was Bob Wilber who, after a
short time in the UK, got the hang of things and sounded almost like a
native - except for the accent, that is.

Oh, nostalgia...