[Dixielandjazz] OT-Bing Crosby, Frances Langford?

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 11:12:28 PST 2010

Hal:

I don't know Jack, but I'll give him credit for recognizing Judy Garland's
voice
if that was the case.

I have not been able to determine whether it was Rhonda, but judging by the
fact that a CD was issued in 2008 with her singing (24) standards, I have
reason to
believe that she was not dubbed in the 1949 movie.

If everyone is willing to put their lives on hold until about mid-April
(when I can find
my way through my VHS archives) I'll try to confirm my previous suspicion by
watching "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"

I know I will also enjoy viewing it again as I remember William Bendix
playing a
somewhat overweight Sir Lancelot.  It was something like seeing Chester A
Riley
in Camelot.

Quite frankly, I had even forgotten that Frances Langford was a singer at
one time.
I remember her best for her role opposite Don Ameche on radio's
"Bickersons".

Tides,
HC