[Dixielandjazz] Roger Krum Update

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Feb 19 06:07:09 PST 2010

The last two days have been good overall for my dad.
  He is still breathing on his own.
He has not had to use the mask at all.
His lung x-ray showed improvement yesterday and again today.
His kidneys and liver continue to get stronger.
He seems less swollen and hasn't had to have any dialysis.
Another tube has been taken out of his arm and his breathing machine was actually
removed from the room.

We are now able to sit in the room with him for hours at a time instead of 15 minutes
in and then 2 hours in the waiting room.
  That is really nice.

He is talking more when he is awake; not a lot, but more.
His nurses lifted him into a chair and he sat up for an hour this morning.
He hated it, but it is really important to the recovery of his lungs and he needs
to start to build his overall strength.
He was wiped out when he was put back into the bed.
He "slept" for hours and still seemed tired when he finally started to wake up in
the late afternoon.
He has not been cleared to drink or eat, but we did make him some root beer crushed
ice at home and have been taking it to the hospital for him.
His nurses said it is ok for him to have and he seems to like it.
It will have to due until he can have the real thing.

We have still only talked minimally with him about where he is and why.
We are waiting for cues from him to let us know when he is ready to know more.

Alison

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4879 (20100219) __________

http://www.eset.com