[Dixielandjazz] Program Help (Music content) "Web Site Blues"

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Thu Feb 18 13:29:30 PST 2010

I have been in the process of making all the CDs that the San Francisco
Traditional Jazz Foundation has produced available for listening (NOT
downloading) on www.sftradjazz.org for members (only). I've been using a
freely available Flash player that is placed on the website with the MP3
files. The only drawback is that it uses a playlist that needs to be in a
specific format unless you want to only have one tune for each instance of
the Flash player. To prevent downloading the MP3s, you can use your website
control panel to prevent "hotlinking" various types of files, like MP3s.

I can send a sample playlist and a sample of HTML code that uses the Flash
player off-list to anyone who would like it.

Scott Anthony