[Dixielandjazz] Program Help (Music content) "Web Site Blues"

Don Kirkman donsno2 at charter.net
Thu Feb 18 11:32:58 PST 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:04:12 +0000, andy.ling at quantel.com wrote:

>Al Levy wrote on 18/02/2010 16:31:36:

>Snip lots....

>> For now if you go to http://alevy.com
>> you will hear an MP3 of a midi file I sequenced.

>Well what happens for is that firefox says I need to install
>a plugin. If I say yes, it tries to install Apple Quicktime
>which I have consigned to the same bin as RealPlayer for
>similar reasons :-)

There are alternatives to both Quicktime and RealPlayer that install
the backstage stuff and let other players handle program material in
those two formats--and they are free and updated regularly.

Quicktime Alternative can be downloaded with a popular player, Windows
Player Classic (so called because it cloned an early version of
Windows player), or with just the non-player part of the package.
Information and download link at
http://www.codecguide.com/download_qt.htm

Real Alternative information and download can be found at
http://www.codecguide.com/download_qt.htm

IMO they're worth a try for anyone leery of Quicktime and Real Player.
Both can also be found elsewhere on the Web.

[Snip discussion of problems and techniques]
--
Don Kirkman
donsno2 at charter.net