[Dixielandjazz] Some Birthdays Feb 16

lrg4003 at aol.com lrg4003 at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 07:39:26 PST 2010

later married Sonny Werblin, the eventual builder of the Meadowlands and owner of the New York Jets.

Peggy King (or Pretty Perky Peggy as she was known) was a pop singer and t.v. actor known for, among other things, her appearances on the George Gobel t.v. show in the 50's and for later appearances on American Bandstand and the Tonight Show.

Bill Doggett was a pianist and later organist who considered himself a jazz player, not a rock performer.  He actually toured or appeared with the Ink Spots, Wynonie Harris,  Ella Fitzgerald, Lionel Hampton and, most famously, as the keyboard player on some of Louis Jordan's big hits including "Saturday Night Fish Fry."

Both Peggy and Bill Doggett are still around.

K.C. Clarinet