[Dixielandjazz] Come to The Mardi Gras Lyrics

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 16 13:14:06 PST 2010

Annmarcialee at aol.com commented [in part]:
> This was always one of my favorite songs.  It was the  "B" side of a Mary
> Martin 78 rpm record.  I can't even remember what the  "A" side was because I
> liked this song  better.

Dear Annmarcialee,
The 1947 hit "Come To The Mardi Gras" (a Portuguese tune) was composed by Max Bulhoes & Milton De Oliveria.
English lyrics were authored by Erwin Drake & Jimmy Shirl.
The Mary Martin version was recorded for Decca (24156) and backed by "Almost Like Being In Love" (Frederick Loewe, music - Alan Jay Lerner, lyrics).
Very kind regards,
Bill.