[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Louis Armstrong New Recording

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Feb 16 11:13:40 PST 2010

Louis Lince wrote:

> Bob,
>
> We haven't met except on this wonderful list, but I think that we are in
> synch with each other. I have had the pleasure of meeting Dan Barrett a
> couple of times in New Orleans I have no problems with his views. I look
> forward to his appearance with Leadbelly at al!
>
> To be serious, I do wonder about the legality of these overdubs.

Louis, I am sure that all has been cleared with the louis Armstrong estate.

And, I do agree with Dan.  Actually, I think that musically, it is a crime.  The musicianship comes no where near Armstrong's quality.  The Armstrong estate should have nixed it.

--Bob Ringwald

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4872 (20100216) __________

http://www.eset.com