[Dixielandjazz] Tom Saunders

CathyTatrow at cs.com CathyTatrow at cs.com
Mon Feb 15 07:06:12 PST 2010

The following has been issued by the Greater Detroit Jazz Society:

Dear Jazz Fans,

As most of you now know, we are mourning the loss of dear friend and
fellow musician Tom Saunders on February 13, 2010 following
complications from surgery.

The funeral arrangements are as follows:

Tom will rest in state at Verheyden Funeral Home, 16300 Mack Avenue,
Grosse Pointe Park, 48230. The telephone number is (313) 881-8500.
Visitation will be tomorrow (Tuesday) from 1-9 p.m. The funeral will
be on Wednesday at 1 p.m. with a gathering at Marge's Bar around 3
p.m. (or following the funeral). Tom's Detroit All-Stars will play
first and other musicians are certain to follow.

Please visit the following funeral home link for further information
and an obituary of Tom.

http://www.verheyden.org/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/998862

Marge's Bar is located at 15300 Mack Avenue, Grosse Pointe Park. The
phone number is (313) 881-8895. Marge's web site is:

http://www.margesbar.com/

Marge's Bar has a nice bio page about Tom on their web site:

http://www.margesbar.com/tom_saunders.html

The Detroit Jazz scene will never be the same. Let's all keep Tom's
family, and Judy in our thoughts and prayers.

Sally and Bill Bolle, Jane and Chuck Moss, Emily Laura, Art Stone
Greater Detroit Jazz Society