[Dixielandjazz] Roger Krum Update

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Feb 13 21:46:56 PST 2010

Update as of 2/13/10

>From Roger's daughter:

My dad seemed so much more comfortable today. He is back on the ventilator but has improved enough to have the setting lowered to allow him to initiate all of his own breaths. His lung x-ray showed improvement in lung capacity. He has the drain in his lung now and it seems to have really helped. He looked well rested today and was more alert. He was able to lift his right arm enough to wave hello; which was pretty amazing for us to see. He is doing his best to communicate non-verbally with us by shaking and nodding his head and raising his brow or making his frowny face. He is letting us know that he is very thirsty. Unfortunately, he cannot have anything to drink yet. He seemed more capable of understanding and responding to simple questions and indicated that he is not in pain and that he knows where he is. He is still very tired and does not seem to know what has or is taking place but he also does not seem too concerned about it at this point.

It was really good to see him looking so much more comfortable and rested. We are grateful that he seems to be able to take a bit of a break from pushing himself so hard. We are told that there are no plans to change anything until Monday at the earliest. So, hopefully, tomorrow will be another peaceful day for my dad.

Alison

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4864 (20100213) __________

http://www.eset.com