[Dixielandjazz] Jake Hanna RIP

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Sat Feb 13 11:40:23 PST 2010

Dingo wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Ringwald"
> Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Jake Hanna RIP
>

>> Passed today in Los Angeles from a blood disease.
>
> Very sad, one of my favourites and a superb drummer.
> Thanx for posting, Bob.
> ~~
> John D

Indeed a sad bit of news. I had the good fortune to have worked with him
in 1955 when we were both with the Ted Weems Orchestra. I have several
hilarioous Jake Hanna stories I will pass on some day soon, but he was
not just a good - make that VERY good drummer -  but a great character;
his "BAH-ston Irish wit always finding way to break us up.
This fellow remembers him from a time when we were both young and full
it it. Good rest to you, Jake.
Don Ingle