[Dixielandjazz] FW: Correct pitch in recordings

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 09:57:50 PST 2010

Well spoken, Jim..........and even though Bob alluded to me as a possible
source of info on the subject, I at this time really have nothing further to
contribute.

I am just what I like to think of as an easy going guy who happens to  host
an internet radio program and probably wouldn't be able to tell the
difference if something was playing at 43 or 31 rpm.and certainly no
authority on recording techniques, past or present.

But, if anyone cares to hear someone who I have always considered to be
marching to the sound of the different drummer that Thoreau talked about, I
invite you to check out:

"Callaghan's Corner" on Radio OKOM (okom.com)
heard 7a & 7p Eastern, Saturdays and Sundays

If you want to hear a wide variety of music of all styles, I think you'll
find it to be an enjoyable listening experience.  If you're looking for
perfection, I might suggest that you look elsewhere.cause most of the time
I'm "flying by the seat of my pants"

If I was doing it for money, it might be different, but it's really all in
the interest of good, clean fun.  I, along with several other Radio OKOM
program providers do it because of our own love for music and a desire to
share it with as many as possible.

Tides,
HC
(down here in Humidity City where it's at least a little more tolerable
during the colder weather)

That's Houston, TX for any "new kids on the block"

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts
      - Vergil: The Aeneid Book II