[Dixielandjazz] Some Birthdays Dec 25

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sun Dec 26 07:29:56 PST 2010

Dear Bob,

You've omitted one birthday which I think was just over 2000 years ago, but
like Louis Armstrong I don't think it was his real birthday but it will have
to do until somebody finds his birth certificate. The only documents so far
found don't indicate which instrument he played, but I'll bet he played a
mean trumpet, and since he's still remembered today it's my contention that
he invented jazz before both Nick La Rocca and Jelly Roll Morton. He
certainly inspired more jazz titles than either of the two named above.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith