[Dixielandjazz] Another - and forgotten - Tannenbaum

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Thu Dec 23 07:41:21 PST 2010

In all the posts regarding this "Christmas" song, no mention was given
of one of the best of all jazz versions.
That was the "March of the Bobcats", by the Bob Crosby Bobcats, and a
pure Oh Tannenbaum cum Maryland, My Maryland takeoff.
  I still have a tape of it - my old 78 worn beyond further play time -
and it was the Bobcats at their swinging best. The little trumpet bugle
bit against Bauduc's street drum
marching style gave it a special bit of business.

My how we forget our old friends like Yank, Haggart, Matty, Eddie,
Smitty, Ray et al.
Don Ingle