[Dixielandjazz] John Gill

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 23 07:23:48 PST 2010

On 23/12/2010 13:34, Gerard Bielderman wrote:
 > Is pianist John Gill who recorded at least 4 ragtime albums the same
 > person as multi-instrumentalist John Gill (bj,g,tb,d) who recorded with
 > Turk Murphy, Chris Tyle, Hal Smith and under his own name for a.o. Stomp
 > Off?

Hi Gerard,
The John Gill to whom you refer is an English pianist, living in Perth
Australia. He is a very old friend of mine and was on my first LP, 'Red
Hot Jazz', recorded in 1977.
Here is a video clip from his last visit to the UK in 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I3LhG32Lr0
Merry Christmas

--
John Petters