[Dixielandjazz] Maryland My Maryland - Was O Tannenbaum

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 18:50:23 PST 2010

Much enjoyed both the Bunk Johnson link that Steve posted & the  YouTube
below that Roger sent.  Jazz Banjoist, Bobby Grimm, was one of the  guests at
STL BandJos Youth Band Christmas Jam Party.  He played a  solo for the kids
of straight version of O Tannenbaum, then swang Maryland My  Maryland --
after explaining to them that it was the same tune with different  rhythm.  Of
course, they had no familiarity with Maryland My Maryland,  but they enjoyed
his soloing nevertheless.

Ginny

In a message dated 12/22/2010 7:10:36 P.M. Central Standard Time,