[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Christmas

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 15:21:59 PST 2010

A comment before I come to the point of my post.  The comment is,  It's
true some people can 'sing the phonebook'.  I have never liked O  Tannenbaum
for as long as I can remember.  Today I had a  collection of Christmas bests
playing from a CD when I was suddenly  immensely enjoying a rendition of O
Christmas Tree.  Stunned I checked to  see why.  It was being sung by Mario
Lanza!

Also just re-found and enjoyed playing a CD that I've had for a decade  or
so entitled, Dixieland Christmas.  Obviously arranged, but darn  good
arrangements in my opinion.  So today I went googling on  the producer, Green Hill
Productions.  They sell the  orchestrations of  a few of the tunes.  Below
is the web site  where you can listen to some samples and get some details
on available  orchestrations.

>_http://www.greenhillmusic.com/browse.aspx?srchval=Dixieland%20Christmas_
(http://www.greenhillmusic.com/browse.aspx?srchval=Dixieland%20Christmas) <

Ginny