[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Dorsey on Trumpet

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 19 13:36:40 PST 2010

Stephen G Barbone advised:
> ........interested folks who have the book will enjoy what Sudhalter had to say about TD and the trumpet on pages 362 and 363.

Thanks Steve,
An excellent summary of TD's trumpet playing.
For some reason, I frequently forget to consult Dick Sudhalter's 'Lost Chords' for observations regarding early white jazzmen.
The pages you recommended were new to me.
But, as you know, 'Lost Chords' cannot to devoured in one sitting.
However, DS does not name the 1937 Clambake Seven title featuring Tommy Dorsey's trumpet work.
It looks like my busy next two or so days will include listening to the twenty-three 1937 Clambake Seven titles.
Hopefully, uninterrupted.
But I wouldn't bet on it.
Maybe, Marvin can help me out.
*>)