[Dixielandjazz] songs with verses

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 05:17:47 PST 2010

On 14/12/2010 12:32, Harry Callaghan wrote:
> Hey, Jude:
>

> As to "Trouble in Mind" and any other selection you might wonder about,  if
> you go to Google and type in "Lyrics to......." if there are any, it will
> usually furnish you with a link

I tried that already so I thought I'd go to a "higher authority":-)

 From your other mailing
Stardust that's on my to learn list .....but only if I can get my
tonsils round the verse.

At the moment I'm wrestling with  Harry Warren's "Crying for the
Carolines".  I've got the sheet music but hadn't got the "feel" right.
Now I've got the Jimmie Noone version and I can see how to fit the verse
words in.  The instrumentalists don't play all the fast notes but the
singer can't really get away with it.

So many lovely tunes with sensitive words  yet people scream for "Ice
Cream" !

Jude