[Dixielandjazz] Down in Jungle Town

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Mon Dec 13 18:49:13 PST 2010

I think that some of these verses add much to the "Down in..." tunes, even
sans vocals.

I suspect that Allen omitted it for the same reason Artie Shaw, Benny
Goodman and others omitted the verse to "Stardust", and the 40s jazzbos
rarely included verses: it was too hard, or certainly less fun, to jazz
'em...

--Sheik