[Dixielandjazz] Nice video clips-- Hal Smith and Chicago Clarinets

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 10:44:57 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/9/2010 9:56:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jdpetters at btinternet.com writes:

Hal  Smith is a joy to see and hear. He plays the truth. Jazz as it was
intended. No wishy-washy polite genteel music, but hot and hit 'em in
between the eyes - stuff.
Long may he prosper

I've known Hal for around 30 years. Everyone, friends  and musicians always
used one word to describe his drumming,  "tasteful". Also for his washboard
playing. He is an amazing drummer and I have  spent hours watching and
listening to him.

Jazz Hugs

Judie