[Dixielandjazz] Classical Musicians Search for Work - NYTimes.com

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Mon Dec 6 08:32:00 PST 2010

To:  Musicians and Jazzfans list; DJML

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

This article from NYTimes Sunday discussed diminishing work opportunities
for classical musicians.  There has been similar discussion on DJML related
to similar situation for working jazz musicians.  Thanks to Pensacola Jazz
enthusiast, Mike Lynch, he forwarded link to me, so I didn't have to search
for it. It's a long and interesting story, so I publish the link rather than
taking up space for those who would like to skip to the next post. (smile)

Norman

In case you missed it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/arts/music/05musicians.html?hpw=
<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/arts/music/05musicians.html?hpw=&pagewant
ed=print> &pagewanted=print

Special note to the few on Musicians and JazzFans list who are not getting
my message ( but get it on DJML), I have spent two fruitless hours with Cox,
my server, but  we

Re still working to find a solution.  I can get your e-mails, so send me a
note if you don't get this , but get it on DJML.  I need this info to pass
along to my server, in hopes of finding a solution.  Or call
me-850-432-9743.  Thanks.

fnv

  _____