[Dixielandjazz] Where are the musical jobs?

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 10:50:15 PST 2010

It look likes that versatile musicians keep in demand.You have to be very flexible these days, is also my experience.
Don't look down on anything and enjoy what you have, don't complain about better times in the past.After 1929 a lot of musicians were heading difficult years, look at many N.O. veterans.The most flexible however, where able to change with the times and stayed.
Louis, Omer Simeon, Earl Hines for example.
I myself take every job I can get now as well, big band, combo, weddings, just name it.In februari I play the pit of the cologne opera house, since in winter there is no other work here.
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma
www.dixielandcrackerjacks.com