[Dixielandjazz] Tony Spair - Small World

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 30 08:54:13 PDT 2010

Dear Listmates:

Remember the Tony Spair thread from a year ago? Did he exist? Here's a
note from his daughter. Small world.

Dear Mary Ann:

Thank you for the kind words.

I will be honored to meet you tomorrow night at the Music Pier. I will
be there from about 7 PM for the 7:30 sound check and through the end
of the concert. I am looking forward to meeting and talking with you,
Please come up and say hello to the silver haired clarinet player,
(me) before the concert, during the break between the two sets, or
afterwards.

Yes indeed, I remember your dad. He was a wonderful trumpeter and a
wonderful man. I saw and talked to him at Nick's a few times way back
when we were both young men. <grin>

And John Coates? You took lessons from a GREAT jazz pianist who I had
the good fortune to gig with a few times. If there is a piano (we use
amplified guitar for the chord instrument) on  the stage, please sit
in with us for a number. The old boys, and young girl,  in the band
would be delighted.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband