[Dixielandjazz] Herman Leonard photo slide show:

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 25 14:31:38 PDT 2010

On Aug 25, 2010, at 3:00 PM, dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com
wrote:

>  "Norman Vickers" <nvickers1 at cox.net>
>
> To: DJML
> From: Norman Vickers, Jazz society of Pensacola
>
> Our moderator, Bob Ringwald, instructs me to post this from Steve
> Barbone to
> DJML.  His wish is my command!
> To:  Musicians and jazzfans
> From: Norman
>
> Steve Barbone suggests this slide show-- gorgeous photos with
> appropriate
> background music. If you're really hip, you will recognize every jazz
> artist.  They don't identify each, so contemporary fans may not be
> able to
> identify EVERY musician.
>
> As I may have written, I got to see Herman Leonard at an IAJE
> meeting in
> New
> Orleans about 10 years ago.  He was on a photography panel.  Great
> to hear
> him talk about his work.
> Thanks, Steve.

Thanks Norm:

For those who want to be sure of the photo IDs, click the very bottom
right corner of the slide show window where it says "Show Captions".

The photos are extraordinary. There is something about well done black
and white photos that makes them high art. (IMO)

My favorite is Lester Young's porkpie hat.

Cheers
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband