[Dixielandjazz] The Entertainer, Ragtime piano Contest

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Aug 23 17:57:55 PDT 2010

Begin forwarded message:
From: "Brent Watkins" <
bwatkins at rivermedia.tv

Subject: Is Traditional Jazz dead?
Dear Fan of Traditional Jazz,
The writing is on the wall. Fans of ragtime and traditional jazz are an aging population.
Anyone who has attended a festival recently or has been a long time fan will confirm
festival attendance is down. Membership in preservation societies and musicians of
this idiom are also on the decline.
Or are they?
A group of young film makers have embarked to revive awareness of this great music
and the fans who support it through an exciting documentary film:
The Entertainers.
The Entertainers is about a little known piano contest held in Peoria, Illinois held
each year: The World Old-Time Piano Contest.
 The rules? You must play a piece written before 1929.
This contest is home to the finest performers of ragtime and traditional jazz piano
in the world. The Entertainers captures the thrilling competition and the characters
that compete.
Visit our website at:
www.theentertainersmovie.com
Become a fan on our Facebook page at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Entertainers/211857170726
We'd love to hear from you. We will be sure to share news about your organization
with our 1500+ fans and followers.
If you haven't heard of this project - check it out and tell your friends!
Our goal is to attract 3000 fans to our Facebook page or email list in an effort
to convince distribution partners there is still a vibrant community interested in
supporting this music.
Better yet, you'll receive news about the soon-to-be released film sure to make you
feel good to be a fan of the first truly American music: Ragtime and Traditional
Jazz.
Forward this email to all you think may be interested!

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing
 in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle"
-- Winston Churchill