[Dixielandjazz] No Ode to Mrs Eames

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Fri Aug 20 04:12:19 PDT 2010

Dear Judy,

As you imply, finding rhymes to "Mrs Eames" is no great challenge - I found
these 43 words on a quick check:

academes, beams, beseems, blasphemes, breams, creams, daydreams, deems,
dreams, enthymemes, esteems, extremes, gleams, hornbeams, meseems,
midstreams, misdeems, monotremes, moonbeams, morphemes, phonemes,
quadriremes, quinqueremes, racemes, reams, redeems, regimes, schemes,
screams, seams, seems, steams, streams, sunbeams, supremes, teams, teems,
themes, tonemes, triremes, unbeseems, unseams, whitebeams.

Of course, not all these words can be used at the same time, e.g. "dreams"
and "daydreams" cannot be regarded as rhyming words.
What might be a bit more difficult is placing "Missus Eames" correctly in
the first line thus:
"Di di dah di di dah Missus Eames"
and having "Missus Eames" as light-light-heavy is stretching the limerick
rules somewhat.

Musical content: "streams" leads to  "waters" leads to Ethel Waters who
wrote "His Eye is on the Sparrow" that leads to "Bird" ... need I say more?

Kind Regards

Bob Smith