[Dixielandjazz] TAKING IT UP A NOTCH

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 07:58:44 PDT 2010

I am simply providing this as a public service as it might be of interest to
those who are wondering why "Emerill Live" no longer appears on the Food
Network.

It is because, as I recently discovered while flipping channels, that his
program now appears on the Cooking Channel

Some might wonder why Emeril Lagasse does not sound like he comes from New
Orleans, where he owns three restaurants, or any other southern state.  It
is because he is a native of Fall River, Massachusetts, site of the infamous
Lizzie Borden hatchet murders..

Musical content (for those who I'm sure must insist).  Check out the program
which regularly features Doc Gibbs and the Emeril Live Band, although in the
past he has occasionally featured dixieland bands as guests.

Also, who remembers "The Ballad of Lizzie Borden" recorded by the Chad
Mitchell Trio?

Tides,
HC

--
Some men see things as they are and say why....I dream things that never
were and say why not            -