[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Why was the BG Movie so vapid?

lrg4003 at aol.com lrg4003 at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 19:31:03 PDT 2010

Generally accurate Phil  up to the point you suggest that films were better when F. Scott Fitzgerald (and add William Faulkner to other Hollywood literati)
was there writing.  Fitzgerald ended up with just two very unmemorable credited scripts and a handful of other uncredited, non of which you would recognize today.  While he had many stories and novels converted to film (including "Benjamin Button" a couple of years ago), as a Hollywood screenwriter he was pretty much a failure.   Musical content:  F. Scott Fitzgerald coined the term "Jazz Age" to describe (critically) the 1920's.

KC Clarinet