[Dixielandjazz] Dick Hyman with BG (was Benny Goodman, Teddy Wilson, Jess Stacy)

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Sat Aug 14 08:12:03 PDT 2010

I haven't seen "The Gene Krupa Story" in decades, but I seem to remember a scene where Sal Mineo as Gene arrives at an apartment where a bunch of musicians are gathered.  From the chronology of the story, it probably would have been in the mid-'30s.  The host introduces one of the musicians:  You know Bix Beiderbecke, don't you?"  The odd thing was that Bix was on his feet instead of flat on his back six feet underground.

Hal Vickery