[Dixielandjazz] FW: The Glenn Miller Story, The Film

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 01:01:02 PDT 2010

The reason probably is that movie makers and TV producers always think they can record it better.I did a lot of TV and movie recordings this year, both as musician and actor, but they never want to use CDs I made earlier. In that world they think that they have the best knowledge and think that everyone elses equipment is out of date.
Another reason in Millers case might be that Millers originals never were completely in tune.In that regard the movie recordings are better and they are technicly also better recorded.The other side is that the originals do have a certain unity and freshness becauce it was a band that used to play this music all the time and they were creating something new.Studio musicians can play anything that is put in front of them and more, but the originals always remain the originals.
The explanation about securing rights is an idea, on the other hand, rerecording an entire big band and army band music also costs a lot in paying top earning studio musicians.They definitly got better paid then the original Miller sidemen!
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma   Inialoane 28    9263 RD Garyp   The Netherlands

www.dixielandcrackerjacks.com